LifeOS Academy Forums Challenges A Spin on Leigh’s Focus Challenge – Turning Something Into Nothing

A Spin on Leigh’s Focus Challenge – Turning Something Into Nothing

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought a book How Enlightenment Changes Your Brian some years ago and scrolled through it again and found an interesting Zen meditation – staring at a white sheet of paper until it disappears.

Benefits

• Effective at interrupting inner speech and making worldy sensations fade away.
    • Reduced anxiety, stress and improves emotional regulation
    • Can trigger insight
    • It trains one to become more optimistic by ignoring worrisome thoughts caused by increased activity in frontal lobe
    • Lowers reactions to fears worries and doubts

Im applying the advanced criteria for the this: 28 days 20 minutes  twice a day. Hour meditation twice a week.

1. Seems like it’ll help similarly to the guided meditation. I’ve done it a few times, I’ll see what a more intense commitment brings.  Will start tomorrow.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

Day 1 complete.

Leigh
    Keymaster

Sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Everything was going extremely well. I was in my body  breathing deeply smiling not really thinking about anything. I have to restart because I was locked out my apartment the last two days.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Course Reviews

Forum Recent Topics

Disclaimer

Although you might find the concepts, ideas, and theories on this website useful, this website and its contents do not take your personal circumstances into account and are therefore, should not be taken as personal financial, political, mechanical, hypocritical, aeronautical, physical, mental, or hypothetical advice. Treating your specific situation and condtions requires an intimate knowledge of your personal challenges, history, and desires and can only be done by a trained professional. If you require specific advice regarding your personal challenges, always consult a registered practitioner.

© LifeOS 2006-2019