LifeOS Academy Forums General Health and Fitness aNY recommendations for doing physical activities while training for muscle??

aNY recommendations for doing physical activities while training for muscle??

• Creator
    Topic
    Jonathan Williams
    Participant

Hey guys, I’ve been thinking about incorporating some physical activity like rock climbing or martial arts.

The problem is that I’ve been training for muscle building and strength for a couple of years and I deffinetly don’t want to gave up on that. I’ve tried in the past to do martial arts while going to the gym but it was too much. It was really common to feel pain in the joints and the reccovery was really poor.

Nowadays I’m doing full body workouts with compound movements 3-4 times per week (non consecutive days) and sometimes adding some isolation work here and there. I feel fantastic. My body feels great, and my joints are completely pain free. But it’s my only physical activity.

Do you have any experience or any reccomendations for making progress in the gym while practicing something else? (without having reccovery problems or feeling like crap hahaha)

By the way, if any of you have no experience in martial arts and want to start practicing one (or a self-defense sistem or something like that) I’ve no problems in telling you my personal experience/opinion/lessons/conclusions/reccomendations.

I’m not an expert, but I have 4 years of experience trying different things, and I think I can deffinetly help a newbie haha.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Anonymous
    Inactive

I read this book ” The Primal Blueprint “by Mark Sisson  long back. its a free pdf. He talks about mixing different exercises in a week to stay in shape. The book or some of his youtube videos might be of interest to you.

Jonathan Williams
    Participant

I’ll check that out mate. Thanks!

Leigh
    Keymaster

I’ve done a bunch of different exercises and lifting and got good results and the only advice I have is to be really clear what you want to achieve here and what’s the best way to do it.

I stacked on 20kg of muscle from when I started lifting to when I stopped and now my sole focus is trying to lose it. When I was lifting, it was for football and I needed to be bigger. Now I’ve stopped lifting and started surfing, being bigger is a pain in the arse.

Getting bigger and stronger is great, but just be really clear on what you’re trying to achieve and what the best way to get there is. As I’m sure you know now, having an ineffective Script just causes problems.

Jonathan Williams
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Leigh!! Yes, I understand what you mean. And you are completely right hahaha. I was losing sight of what I really want. Thanks!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Course Reviews

Forum Recent Topics

Disclaimer

Although you might find the concepts, ideas, and theories on this website useful, this website and its contents do not take your personal circumstances into account and are therefore, should not be taken as personal financial, political, mechanical, hypocritical, aeronautical, physical, mental, or hypothetical advice. Treating your specific situation and condtions requires an intimate knowledge of your personal challenges, history, and desires and can only be done by a trained professional. If you require specific advice regarding your personal challenges, always consult a registered practitioner.

© LifeOS 2006-2019