LifeOS Academy Forums General Mindset and Psychology How I feel about my life is incredibly volatile; am i not living my purpose?

How I feel about my life is incredibly volatile; am i not living my purpose?

• Creator
    Topic
    Vaom
    Participant

Does the fact that how I feel about my hobbies/work/rest of like is so volatile indicate that I’m not really doing what I actually desire? With my work, I feel that I am lucky in that what I am doing affords me a lot of freedom where I can basically do the amount of work I want and I can set my own schedule and screw around when I want.  And I end up screwing around quite a bit. I never really dislike it. Sometimes I enjoy what I’m doing. But a lot of the time I feel “meh” about it. But I’ve noticed also that how I feel about what I’m doing is often dependent on how well other things are going on in my life, such as whether I have good connections and whether a woman I like is getting on with me (not even necessarily attracted to me). When I am having good connections with people suddenly I have more motivation to engage in the work I am doing and the more I find my hobbies interesting, when both were perhaps not that interesting before.

Is the fact that how I feel about my work and hobbies so dependent on the connections in my life, how women feel about me, or how desired I am by women indicate that I’m not really living my purpose? My understanding is that if you are living your purpose, it should bring you a consistent level of constant joy regardless of what is happening with, say, whether there are women in your life. Or is it possible that I have it good and am living my purpose but I just don’t realize it?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Vaom
    Participant

I also catch myself constantly over-analysing my behaviour around women and second-guessing everything I’m doing around them which leads me to believe that I can’t really be very satisfied with my life. If I was, I presume that I wouldn’t be doing this.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Course Reviews

Forum Recent Topics

Disclaimer

Although you might find the concepts, ideas, and theories on this website useful, this website and its contents do not take your personal circumstances into account and are therefore, should not be taken as personal financial, political, mechanical, hypocritical, aeronautical, physical, mental, or hypothetical advice. Treating your specific situation and condtions requires an intimate knowledge of your personal challenges, history, and desires and can only be done by a trained professional. If you require specific advice regarding your personal challenges, always consult a registered practitioner.

© LifeOS 2006-2019