LifeOS Academy Forums General Victories and Learning Lessons I'm the lightest I've been in 13 years

I'm the lightest I've been in 13 years

• Creator
    Topic
    Leigh
    Keymaster

I’ve been doing a weight loss challenge over the last 6 or so weeks and it’s been going well. So well, in fact, that I’m now the lightest I’ve been in 13 years.

It feels good. It feels like I’m winning. It’s the first time I’ve ever done something like this (I used to have to try to put on weight for football) and so it’s good to know I can make this work.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Nathan

Well done mate. How do you feel compared to when you were trying to put on weight?

Leigh
    Keymaster

It’s interesting. The more time I spend trying to manipulate my weight, the more I realise it’s basically about calories. Yes, exercise plays a role, but that role is so insignificant in comparison to your diet that it’s almost not worth talking about.

Food determines size, exercise determines shape.

At least, that’s what it seems like to me.

There’s a great article here if you’re keen to explore it: https://www.vox.com/2018/1/3/16845438/exercise-weight-loss-myth-burn-calories

Jimmy
    Participant

Yeah you’re on point.  It’s all calorie consumption.  To prove it’s literally just caloric maintenance.  This guy ate nothing but McDonalds and still lost weight.

https://www.today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158

And exercise has a cap.  You can only burn so many calories.  As long as you’re not trying to bodybuild.  Calisthenics, caloric balance, anaerobic activity for your cardiovascular system and yoga for your joints and muscles then you’re a healthy man with the least amount of effort.  So in effect: Meditate in the morning followed by yoga, drink water, have a nice breakfast, go on a run during the day and do some pushups and you’re good to go by noon.

Jimmy
    Participant

As an aside.  I want to do the opposite and get fucking jacked.  Do you have an advice/resources? I’m a naturally skinny little fuck with tiny bones.

Leigh
    Keymaster

I’m was a naturally skinny guy and just kept lifting and lifting and lifting. I’ve been lifting for 15 years now and maxed out at about 20kg heavier than I started.

Like you said, it’s all calories. I had a friend who put on 15kg in 9 months by lifting and eating 4,000 calories per day. You just got to load up and then put it to work.

Start a challenge. Get into it. Nothing will keep you moving forward that public shaming 🙂

Jimmy
    Participant

You ever have a hard time eating all that food?

Leigh
    Keymaster

You ever have a hard time eating all that food?

Not at all. In fact, it’s the opposite. Just focus on increasing your fat intake.

Did you know 100gm of cashews has 1/4 of your recommended daily caloric intake? I fucking love roasted cashews. They’re my biggest challenge.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Course Reviews

Forum Recent Topics

Disclaimer

Although you might find the concepts, ideas, and theories on this website useful, this website and its contents do not take your personal circumstances into account and are therefore, should not be taken as personal financial, political, mechanical, hypocritical, aeronautical, physical, mental, or hypothetical advice. Treating your specific situation and condtions requires an intimate knowledge of your personal challenges, history, and desires and can only be done by a trained professional. If you require specific advice regarding your personal challenges, always consult a registered practitioner.

© LifeOS 2006-2019