LifeOS Academy Forums General Introductions And Journals My Journey To ‘Everyday, Awesome!’ [Journal]

My Journey To ‘Everyday, Awesome!’ [Journal]

• Creator
    Topic
    Nathan

Do you ever start a forum post, and ask yourself “how the fuck should I start this?”. Guess what, you and me are very much alike.

For those that don’t know me, read my intro here.

What you about to see is a documented journey full my thoughts, processes, and how I overcome challenges in my life to create a future thats fucking exciting. The goal is, that everyday, I look at what I have planned, and go “Awesome.”

Like I said in my intro (you read that, yeah?):

I’m here to share that with others my wins, losses, share what I have learnt along the way and support others. But I’m also here for that support when shit gets hard, be held accountable and learn from others.

This is that in real time. Ask questions, challenge me, and if you are reading this in the future, learn from me.

Shit will be real. I will fuck up…I will make an arse of myself…

You will get it all. Everything that I do, and the results I get.

Sometimes I might document specific things in a separate thread. For example, I’m doing the Focus Control Challenge here. But this will be my central journal where I will link to everything going on.

What you can expect from me:

• Weekly updates, likely on a Friday. This will be a good book end to the week, and allow me to regain my focus for the following week.
    • I will also do a monthly overview. I plan to take on 30 day challenges – either ones I set myself, or some of LifeOS’s challenges.

That’s it.

So feel free to ask questions, challenge me, or just read.

I’ll see you around the forum.

Nathan

Viewing 2 replies - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Nathan

So I was asked a great question by @Jimmy within a series of PMs we had been sending each other. He asked:

Is there anything right now in your life that you’re having difficulty handling?

We yes, yes there is.

• Overwhelmed with the job.
    • Frustration with finances.
    • Wife’s injury and ongoing chronic pain.

Whilst I know that I can handle all of them. I also know that I can handle them better.

Right now if I had to sum up how I feel, its like a can’t get a break. While logically, I can see that I’m a lot better financially that I was a month ago, and I’m slowly getting a hang of the job, there is still a large ass gap between where I am now, and where I want to be. I’m kind of caught up in that headspace.

So let’s delve a little deeper.

New Job

What has been frustrating about this is they have thrown me into this role, with a vague sense of what they want me to do, and said Go! Unfortunately, there is no clear goal or target. Which is really frustrating me. I’ll be organising a meeting with the director to get some clarity, but there is still a lot to do. We will see. I will try lock down a weekly, or fortnightly meeting with him to make sure I’m on track. I think that will help.

The other thing that has frustrated me is they wanted me to take on a particular client project. It is a more complex project, which is why they wanted me to take it on. To be honest, I’m comfortable taking on the project, I’ve done similar things before, however, there is a twist to how they usually do things which has really made things difficult.

<rant>

Firstly, the client is a friend of one of the senior staff at the company I’m working for. The staff member has taken it on themselves to essentially be the project manager (which is what I do), however, she has never done digital marketing before (she was originally a web developer). What this has resulted in is bunch of miscommunication, and frustration for both me and the client. I’m pissed because its my first project I’ve been a part of and I’ve been made to look incompetent at no fault of my own. Its also put a bad taste in the clients mouth. I resolved the issue by contacting the client directly, getting clear on what they actual wanted and getting it to them asap (turned out to be a 30 minute job instead of the hours I originally put in). Anyways, its resolved for now and I will be vigilant in make sure what I do is actually what the client wants. Sigh.

</rant>

So yeah, its been a bumpy first week or two, but I’m slowly pushing forward. The morning pages mentioned in my previous posts have helped a ton and allowed me to have a clearer head around things.

Finances

So I’m in a bit of debt. About 9K. It’s not much compared to others, however, I hate being in debt. I had planned to pay off about 1K this week, however, random medical expenses came up, so that didn’t happen. It’s no big deal, but the frustration and feeling of not getting ahead has crept in. A big pain in the arse. Had a good conversation with the wife, and we have a rough plan around budgeting and getting some extra income in the door. However, to add to it, the landlords being a pain, and not allowing us a room mate (we have a spare room thats not be used). That would get us a solid couple of hundred dollars a month extra coming in. We are keeping at it though.

Wife’s chronic pain.

This is something we have been dealing with for the last 4 years, but it’s worth mentioning. It’s always on our mind. We are slowly getting towards a conclusion with this, and seeing a doctor next week regarding surgery. The new nerve pain medication is working so far with no side affects. So thats a win. But this is something that has hindered our lifestyle, and put a holt on some of our goals for the last couple of years. I will be happy once it has been resolved and we can fuck it right off.

So yeah, I’m in the moras right now, but I’m slooooowly pushing forward. And thats the important part of me. No matter what, so long as I’m pushing forward things will be resolved.

The other thing is to push forward towards the One Perfect Day. I’ve set three years for that. I’m going to start making pointed actions in the near future to get closer to it.

Alrighty I’m out. C&Cs are always welcome.

Nat

Leigh
    Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear about your wife. I’ve got friends dealing with nerve issues and it sounds incredibly frustrating. Hope the medication can help get everything under control and you guys can get your lives back on track.

Also, hope everything goes well with the job. Dealing with office politics can really suck so hope you can get out of there asap and get your own stuff back up and running.

Viewing 2 replies - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Course Reviews

Forum Recent Topics

Disclaimer

Although you might find the concepts, ideas, and theories on this website useful, this website and its contents do not take your personal circumstances into account and are therefore, should not be taken as personal financial, political, mechanical, hypocritical, aeronautical, physical, mental, or hypothetical advice. Treating your specific situation and condtions requires an intimate knowledge of your personal challenges, history, and desires and can only be done by a trained professional. If you require specific advice regarding your personal challenges, always consult a registered practitioner.

© LifeOS 2006-2019