LifeOS Academy Forums General Dating, Sex, and Relationships Why is neediness a deal-breaker for women but not for men?

Why is neediness a deal-breaker for women but not for men?

• Creator
    Topic
    Vaom
    Participant

Why is it that coming off as needy is something that women find so unattractive that it is a deal-breaker for them, but this is not so for men? I’ve noticed that with pretty much all the men that I’ve encountered, while they find neediness in women incredibly annoying, they will find a woman attractive despite this and will put up with a woman’s needy behaviour for quite a long time before ending a relationship (if ending it at all). Whereas the understanding I have with women (from this site and other places) is that neediness is not just very annoying but that it actually causes a guy to be very unattractive, so much so that they will never want absolutely anything to do with a guy who shows this neediness in the first place. Why is there this asymmetry in terms of accepting needy behaviour? Does this indicate that men are more accepting of (non-physical) personal defects?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Vaom
    Participant

Also, not only does this needy behaviour cause men to be unattractive, but it almost seems like women demonstrate a visceral hatred for men who display this behaviour, whereas at most men will just find this behaviour very annoying and exhausting if they see it in a woman.

Maicon küster
    Participant

Dude, I don’t know if you’ve read this article, but read:

What Women Want: Female Psychology 101

Jeff
    Participant

The article link you showed doesn’t work? 

Leigh
    Keymaster

Just fixed up the link. Check it out now.

See if you can work it out. There enough in there to understand, but it’s also incomplete because the answer to your question has more to do with the individual than the gender.

See if you can work it out. If not, let me know and I’ll lay it out for you.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest Course Reviews

Forum Recent Topics

Disclaimer

Although you might find the concepts, ideas, and theories on this website useful, this website and its contents do not take your personal circumstances into account and are therefore, should not be taken as personal financial, political, mechanical, hypocritical, aeronautical, physical, mental, or hypothetical advice. Treating your specific situation and condtions requires an intimate knowledge of your personal challenges, history, and desires and can only be done by a trained professional. If you require specific advice regarding your personal challenges, always consult a registered practitioner.

© LifeOS 2006-2019